GRC is a heat-shrinkable tube made from PFA and FEP fluoro resin, and has been developed for use as a roller covering.
By simply heat-shrinking GRC onto a roller surface, the roller inherits the highly-functional characteristics of fluoro resin.
- Electrical insulation
- Non-adhesive surface resists contamination
- Chemical resistance
- Photocopiers and printers
- Paper manufacturing and paper product manufacturing (paper and adhesive tape manufacturing machines)
- Film and sheet processing machines (laminators, and magnetic tape manufacturing machines)
- Textile and dyeing equipment (dyeing and resin processing equipment)
- Printing machinery (high-speed offset rotary press and printing machines for business forms)
- Insulation (electrical cables)
- Industrial machinery (printed circuit board, semiconductor, and FPD related equipment)
Note1: Ordered long-size product might have die mark as a result of forming.
Please check at your side beforehand especially on the condition that surface accuracy is necessary.
- When making inquiries or placing an order, be sure to supply us with the accurate roller diameter and length so that we can select the optimum tube for your application.
- Cut length is 400 mm or above, with a pitch of 100 mm. Any quantity of tube order is welcome.
- Please store the tubing in a cool and dark location (30℃ or below). At higher temperatures, there is a possibility that the tube will shrink.
- P indicates a PFA product, and F indicates a FEP product.
- The inside diameter after shrinkage is the measurement made after heating to 200℃ for 10 minutes. It is not a guaranteed value.
- If GRC is used in places where the temperature exceeds 100℃ or where the nip pressure is too high, there is a strong possibility that the GRC may slip or cause wrinkle. Consult Gunze regarding such cases.
How to Apply GF Tube
- Please use the heat gun on the market.
- Please choose inside dia, which is nearly roller’s diameter. The length of GRC that is around 200mm longer than the length of roller is preferable.
- Spin the roll at constant speed.
- Shrink GRC from one side. The standard temperature of heat air is 150~200℃ at the surface of GRC.
- Heat rollgun’s direction is opposite direction to movement’s direction to prevent air bubble.
- Please contact for construction technique of tube with large size dia. we prepare for the detail guidances about tube.
- Please contact for installation.
- Is it possible to borrow construction tools?
- Yes, you can rent from us. (※Only in Japan)
- We do not have confidence in the construction. Is it possible to ask Gunze to give us a construction?
- Yes, we could carry out construction guidance free of charge only once at the first time.
- Is it possible to give construction to an irregular (oval, square, triangle / stepped, arched) roll?
- Since the shrinkage ratio of the tube is low, conformability to the shape will be limited. Please ask us for details.
- Is there a limit to the material of rollers?
- Since there is a risk of thermal deformation, we do not recommend low heat resistance materials such as polyurethane foam.
- How to deal with the end of the roller?
- Please do not cut off the tube by the roller’s length. Leaving the tube slightly longer than the roller and then shrink to be smaller than the roller’s diameter.
- Is it possible to cut the tube easily by scissors?
- It can be cut off easily by scissors or cutter. However, please be careful to cut the tube along the longitudinal direction in order not to leave cut marks.
- Is it possible to wipe the tube with solvent?
- Yes, it is possible.
- Is it possible to use an adhesive or tape to connect the tube?
- No, it is impossible.
- Is it possible to repair the entrainment of air bubbles?
- It is not possible to repair completely. Please contact us for simple repair method.
- How about the endurance of tubes?
- It might be different depending on customer’s usage.
- Is it possible to bond tubes and rolls by adhesive processing?
- It is impossible in our company. We will introduce a professional.