Information Disclosure Policy
1. Basic policy for information disclosure
- In accordance with Gunze Activity Guidelines, Gunze proactively strives to fulfill its corporate social responsibilities (CSR), while also aiming to become a corporate group that fulfills the needs of society and that grows sustainably alongside society. To this end, Gunze is determined to provide shareholders, potential investors, and all other stakeholders with its corporate information in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Gunze ensures timely and appropriate disclosure of its corporate information in conformance with the Rules on Timely Disclosure of Corporate Information by Issuers of Listed Securities (the Timely Disclosure Rules) stipulated by the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
- Gunze also proactively offers information that the Company deems appropriate for release, so as to strengthen investors’ understanding of the Company (“information requiring proactive disclosure”) even if it is not subject to the criteria of TSE's Timely Disclosure Rules.
2. Information disclosure method
- While ensuring compliance with the Companies Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, and other applicable laws and regulations, as well as rules established by TSE, Gunze releases corporate information that is subject to the Timely Disclosure Rules (including information requiring proactive disclosure) through TSE’s TDnet system in an appropriate and timely manner. Information publicly released on TDnet is posted on the Gunze website as promptly as possible.
- Based on the policy of timely disclosure, other information is also communicated through various means, such as press releases, financial results briefing sessions, and printed documents, in order to ensure distribution of information in as fair a manner as is possible.
3. In-house system for information disclosure
- At Gunze, the responsible personnel for handling information engages in unified management in order to ensure appropriate and timely management of information disclosure and provide strict internal control in conformance with the in-house Information Disclosure Rules. The responsible personnel for handling information evaluates the appropriateness of information to be disclosed and instructs disclosure of the information determined to be appropriate to the staff in charge. Based on the instruction, the staff takes measures to disclose information in an appropriate and timely manner.
4. Notes regarding the use of projections
- Gunze provides projections of future results based on timely disclosure of information, as well as our perceptions of market conditions, business plans, strategies, and other information on the Investor Relations page of the Gunze website. These types of information are based on information available to the Company at the current time, as well as certain assumptions judged by the Company to be reasonable. As such, various factors, both internal and external, can cause actual results to differ materially from the projections, and Gunze does not warrant or guarantee accuracy or completeness regarding this information.
5. Silent period
- In order to prevent the leakage of financial information and to ensure fairness in information disclosure, Gunze has specified a “silent period.” The period begins from the day following the closing date of each quarterly period, and ends on the release date of the quarterly consolidated financial statements. During this period, we will refrain from making any comments or responding to any questions concerning our business results for the relevant period.
- However, if we determine during the silent period that the results will differ from our forecast significantly, we will disclose the relevant information in an appropriate manner in conformance with TSE’s Timely Disclosure Rules.
(Last updated: November 28, 2016)