Personal Information Protection
Acquisition of Personal Information
- Gunze clearly specifies the purposes of use and collects personal information by lawful and fair means.
Use of Personal Information
- Gunze shall use personal information within the scope of its purposes of use and to the extent necessary to conduct its business.
- Gunze may share personal information with its business partners or group companies, or outsource the handling of personal information. In these cases, Gunze shall manage such personal information in a responsible manner and take appropriate measures to maintain confidentiality.
- Gunze will not supply or disclose personal information to any third party except when it is required to do so by a legal order, and when the relevant individual has granted consent in advance.
Management of Personal Information
- Gunze shall maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it safely.
- Gunze shall appoint personal information managers to ensure appropriate management of personal information.
- Gunze shall take appropriate security measures to avoid unauthorized access and computer viruses, and to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, and/or leakage of personal information.
Requests for Disclosure, Amendments, etc. of Personal Information
- Gunze will respond to requests from individuals for disclosure of personal information collected and owned by Gunze without delay.
- Gunze will carry out investigations without delay if requested by individuals for amendments, suspension of use, and/or deletions to the content of the personal information, and respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Continuous Improvement of Privacy Compliance
- Gunze shall ensure proper handling of personal information by training its executives, employees, and relevant staff regarding protection and management of personal information.
- Gunze shall review its compliance measures and improve them continuously in order to maintain the proper protection of personal information.