With the aim to give back to the society in which we operate, Gunze is determined to be a responsible corporate citizen by adhering to our founding philosophy that underscores a people-oriented approach, a commitment to quality, and coexistence.
- Contribute to society through the supply of quality products
- Operate with integrity to build strong relationships with our customers and associates
- Aim at global leader by utilizing youthful energy and creativity
GUNZE ACTIVITY GUIDELINES
- Chapter 1Gunze endeavors to contribute to society through its corporate activities and to fulfill its responsibility as a corporate citizen.
- 1. We shall develop useful and safe products and services for society, and deliver relief and satisfaction to our customers.
- 2. We shall proactively pursue environmental issues in our corporate activities, and work to co-exist with the Earth.
- 3. We shall support and participate in community activities as well as social activities, and contribute to society.
- 4. We shall educate and enlighten all company members so that they can be good corporate people and working people. We shall respect human rights, personality and individuality in all corporate activities.
- 5. We shall value communication with society, and disclose corporate information in a positive and fair manner, to ensure transparency.
- Chapter 2 Gunze is determined to promote activities in conformance with fair and internationally accepted rules.
- 1. We shall comply with the rules of society, and conduct business activities in a fair and free competition.
- 2. We shall comply with the law and have high ethical standards, and will not condone antisocial or illegal behavior.
- 3. To antisocial organizations or to antisocial forces, we shall show a resolute attitude and take a firm stance to eliminate them.
- 4. We shall comply with international rules, respect the culture and customs of the countries concerned, and conduct business activities that earn trust.
- 5. When a problem occurs within the company, the top management shall in a timely manner conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause, clarify responsibilities, and take strict action in accordance with the regulations, along with the measures necessary to prevent a recurrence, and disclose the information in and out on a timely and accurate basis.
- Chapter 3 Gunze shall vigorously accept any challenges and meet them with a sensible course of action.
- 1. We shall work quickly with self-awareness and responsibility in order to think about the customers' point of view at all times and to meet their expectations.
- 2. We shall pursue proper management of the information and property of the company, and conduct ourselves as a member of society with common sense who does not allow oneself or others to behave dishonestly or mix private and public matters. When we recognize a situation against the Code of Conduct, we shall transmit the information quickly to stakeholders including the top management.
- 3. In order to realize corporate objectives and our own dream, we shall study energetically through self-development training, suggestion or discussion, and challenge ourselves bravely without fear of failure.
- 4. We shall participate in social and community activities actively as a citizen, and build friendly relations with society.
- 5. We shall value compassion and assistance, and respect the human rights of each other.
Gunze’s corporate philosophy, corporate motto, and activity guidelines are the elements that comprise the “warp yarn” of its corporate fabric. Based on these key elements, Gunze strives to answer the needs and expectations of all stakeholders in a sensitive, flexible and sincere manner. Gunze is also determined to demonstrate fairness and integrity in corporate activities and to fulfill its obligations to society. By doing so, Gunze aims to promote the continued growth of the company while contributing to the sustainable development of society and the protection of the Earth.
To enhance the pleasure of economic interaction among people, we consistently maintain the consumer’s point of view as we work to provide quality products and services. Our first priority is quality. At the same time, we emphasize safety, security, comfort, and customer satisfaction in the development and supply of products and services that are both environment-friendly and people-friendly. The eventual goal is to promote the sustainable development of society.
For suppliers and business associates
We will strive to achieve mutual growth and prosperity with suppliers. To ensure fair and free dealings, we strictly comply with all applicable laws, while also striving to conform to the underlying spirit of these laws. We will never accept or offer money, gifts or entertainment that could bring into question our fundamental fairness. We will also demand that suppliers and business associates avoid discrimination in employment and prohibit forced, compulsory or child labor.
For local communities
We will actively participate in social activities and build a friendly relationship with communities, working for the sustainable development of the Earth and society.
We will provide equal employment and remuneration opportunities free from discrimination to all current and potential employees. Respecting the human rights of all engaged in business activities, we will never become involved in forced, compulsory and child labor. By placing the right people in the right jobs and promoting employee skill development programs that facilitate diversity, we aim to nurture personnel who can contribute to society. We also value employee freedom of association, including the right to form a labor union on their own initiative, and the right to collective bargaining unless forbidden by law.
For the global environment
We will aggressively implement measures to protect the global environment and reduce CO2 emissions in all our business processes. We aim to contribute to an environmentally conscious society through environmentally responsible business operations and by supplying eco-friendly products and services.
For shareholders and investors
We will work unceasingly to earn the trust and confidence of shareholders and investors by promoting Sustainable practices. We proactively offer corporate information in a fair and accurate manner to fulfill their expectations.
Sustainability Promotion System
From fiscal 2017, we have established three committees, Sustainability Committee, Work Style Reform Committee and Risk Management Committee, as company-wide initiatives. The "Sustainability Committee" brings together wisdom from a variety of positions and multifaceted angles, evolving Sustainability activities that had been centered on dedicated organizations to activities that themselves lead to social responsibility, and the Gunze Group as a whole working on Sustainability activities. The "Working Style Reform committee" will actively promote diversity promotion including promotion of female to play active part and also work efficiently in response to work-life balance, including the improvement of IT environment. The "Risk Management Committee" chaired by board of compliance committee members and managers of corporate department as members, and shares information on risk matters throughout the group, and consider measures to prevent occurrence. By organically linking these committees, we will thoroughly implement a governance system as a company trusted by society. In addition, as a special committee, environment, product liability, IT security, quality assurance and medical ethics are established, and risk management which each technical committee is in charge is carried out flexibly. Sustainability Committee will be the organization that ultimately shares companywide, deliberating and managing high-priority risks. The Group's Sustainability promotion system is as follows.
Chaired by the board in charge of Sustainability and Sustainability committee members* as members, to resolve social issues (ESG*), aiming to realize a sustainable society and enhance corporate value through our business activities, the Sustainability Committee is conducting strategic Sustainability deliberations and decisions on basic policies for practicing the project, as well as measures for promoting matters and issues. We set up a Divisional Sustainability Committee as the substructure organization of the Sustainability Committee, as an organization that plans and implements thoroughly the decisions of the Sustainability Committee in each business division and plans and implement the next fiscal year development in each department. The practical situation at the Divisional Sustainability committee is reported by the Sustainability Committee and we will promote systematic Sustainability management by grasping the activities at the corporate level.
- Sustainability Committee members: General Manager of Business Group Division, President of Affiliated Companies, General Manager of Corporate Department and Senior Manager of Corporate Department, etc.
- ESG: "Environment", "Social", "Governance"
In compliance with the Whistleblower Protection Act, a whistleblower system (Advice Hotline) is in place. This system allows employees to seek advice and report on violations of laws and regulations or other compliance-related problems. This is intended to quickly discover misconduct or fraud and take corrective action, while preventing such dishonest actions from occurring again. When handling hotline contacts, their issues are reported to the responsible personnel of the respective office/factory, upon receiving consent of the whistleblower or the one who sought advice. This helps quickly solve the problem and prevent the recurrence of the same problem.