GUNZE LIMITED (Headquarters: Osaka, Japan, President: Atsushi Hirochi) has become a signatory to the UN Global Compact (UNGC), a global pact advocated by the United Nations, and registered as a member company on February 24, 2020. Moreover, GUNZE has joined Global Compact Network Japan, which comprises Japanese companies and organizations that are UNGC signatories on March 10, 2020.
UNGC is a global framework that encourages companies and organizations to take responsible and creative leadership and to act as good members of society toward attaining sustainable growth. GUNZE has determined to be a responsible corporate citizen by adhering to our founding philosophy that underscores a people-oriented approach, a commitment to quality, and coexistence for over 120 years.
UNGC signatories have to agree on ten principles related to human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption, and are required to work toward realizing those elements. GUNZE will abide by the ten principles of UNGC and strengthen measures to establish a sustainable society through its business operations.
The Ten Principles of UNGC
- Human Rights
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For further information, please contact:
- Gunze Limited
Corporate Communication Department
TEL： 81-6-6348-1314 (Nonaka, Yanagisawa, Tsubota)
- Visit Homepage