Osaka-Gunze Limited (Headquarters: Osaka, Japan, President: Atsushi Hirochi)[TOKYO:3002] is pleased to announce that a subsidiary “Medical U&A (hereinafter MUA)” has developed an ultrasonic debridement device “Ultra Curette®“ which is the first Japanese product and it has been covered by public health insurance. And the company will launch the product in January. The company also plans to spread the device for home nursing care.
1. Background of development
Debridement is an important treatment that requires removal of necrotic or infected tissues at the treatment of wounds such as pressure ulcers and leg ulcers. It has been reported that the use of ultrasonic debridement equipment reduces bacteria (biofilm), reduces bleeding, and increases the cure rate.
In response to the demands of medical professionals, MUA has devised the shape of the tip to realize an effective debridement and has been developing lightweight and compact products that are easy to operate.
2. Mechanism of action of “Ultra Curette”
- Ultrasonic waves are generated from the oscillator inside the handpiece and necrotic tissues and bacteria (biofilm) are removed by using the mechanical vibration and cavitation effect of the chip.
3. Features of “Ultra Curette”
- Ultra Curette
- Intended use or effect
- This product is used to remove and clean dead or contaminated tissues, foreign substances, and infected sites in patients who require debridement such as acute wounds, chronic wounds, and burns.
- Release date
- Start selling in January 2021 (Scheduled)
- Approval number
4. Marketing Strategy
The company will create the environment that the ultrasonic debridement device can be used for home treatment to meet the patients’ needs by educating and spreading the device.
5. About the Medical U&A
- April, 1986
- Head Office
- 5F, Shinfujita Bld., 2-4-27, Dojima, Kita-ku Osaka, Osaka, 530-0003
- Shojiro Matsuda
- Main Business
- ・Sales of medical instruments (Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Neurosurgery, Oral surgery, Cardiovascular surgery, Cosmetic surgery, Pediatric surgery, Dermatology etc.)
・Consultation for opening medical facilities
For further information, please contact:
- Gunze Limited
Corporate Communication Department
TEL： 81-6-6348-1314 (Shinji Nonaka)
- Visit Homepage